Monday, July 30, 2007

starting up, again

now.. i've been an on-and-off gym goer for about 18 months now, been shifting around alot so in all the hecticness of my life, i've abandoned the gym for about 8 months now (before i started picking up the weights again Mid June this year).

when i re-started my gym training, i was in shock on how much i have regressed in the gym. At 5'7 and 140lbs... i could barely Bench 105lbs, Squat 205lbs and Deadlift 145lbs. so i went back to the drawing board and put myself on a no-nonsense way of living.. i cleaned up my diet a little bit, started to pump iron 4/5 times a week and basically taking care of my physical needs better.

3 weeks into this "program" of mine and i'm starting to see my strength kicking back in, but not much of gain in terms of muscle volume/size... so i went hunting for supplements to help me be more serious in my training.

i went to a local supplement retail shop and i was bewildered by the amount of new supplements they have. Top it all off with all the promises and claims that each container bares.. it becomes overwhelming for a simpleton like me to make a choice.. not being totally new to all this mumbo jumbo, and after about 25 minutes of flicking back and forth in the shop.. palms getting all sweaty in the process.. it comes down to two...

BSN's NO Xplode OR MuscleTech's CELLTECH Hardcore.

both costs about the same (doesnt make it any better since they're both over RM300!!! sheesh)
so for better or worse... i picked..

MuscleTech's CELLTECH. reason? because their container looks wayyyy cool. Truth.

now.. right before i started using it, i re-measured myself on a few things.. just to make a yardstick to remind myself, and to monitor progress. these are the numbers.

Date : 8th July 2007
Ht : 5'7 (172cm), Wt : 140lbs, Body Fat : 10.4%
Bench Press : 135lbs.Squat : 275lbsDL : 165lbs
** those numbers are on 8 repetition sets, not a 1 rep max **

fast forward to today, 29th July 2007 (3 weeks after)
Wt : 142lbs (+2 lbs), Body Fat : 9.7% (-0.7%)
Bench Press : 155lbs for 10 reps. (+20 lbs)Squat : 335lbs for 8 reps (+60 lbs)
DL : 205lbs for 8 reps (+40 lbs)

i'm not sure whether all this is caused by CELLTECH by its own, or its the combination of a better eating/living and high intensity workouts i've been doing that gets the numbers up so drastically in such short timeframe, not to mention everybody noticed the sudden change of my physique.

and believe it or not, i'm almost finished with the 4.5lbs tub of CELLTECH, IN JUST 3 WEEKS!! (i believe i only have about 1 week's supply left in the tub)

i'm pretty sure at least half of the gains i'm having is directly due to the effectiveness of this product. BUT the price is just killing. RM300 for a month's supply? too costly if you ask me.

now, i think i want to try the NO Xplode next, after i'm done with my CELLTECH. I hope XPlode can give me great gains like i've gotten from CellTech.

No comments: