Friday, November 9, 2007

a true hardgainer's life, and knowledge of "Relative Strength" part 1

Now, i've been a constant gym bug for 6 months now. Generally i'll be training anywhere from 4 to 6 times a week, pending on how great i'm feeling day-to-day. And if you read my previous posts, i'm a hardgainer. It is pretty hard for me to put on weight/mass.

i have only gained a total of 1 pound of bodyweight in the past 6 months. To be fair, yes i am more muscular and in better overall shape compared to back then (and wayyyy stronger too). But at the end of the day, i am still stuck at around 140lbs. So what gives?

To say that i'm not eating right, its suffice to say i'm taking in more than enough nutrients to be growing. Infact, i am eating way more compared to some of my friends about the same size (and they're gaining bulk real quick while chomping less food compared to me!). I covered my protein, carb, fat and what not pretty much everyday. I know i'm putting in more calories than what my body needs/use.

Some say maybe because i do too much cardio, playing too much basketball. Man, i have not been playing basketball all that much for the past 6 months. Other than the 2 week stretch of tournament back in July, i have only played ball max of 2 or 3 times a week, and those are only at low intensity and only lasts about 45minutes or so.

so while i'm dumbfounded of the reason why i'm not gaining any weight/bulk... alot of guys in the gym are asking me this "you're really really small but you push massive weights everyday, how on earth do you manage that?" (well, not exactly word by word.. but close enough. most days those sentence comes in with expletives, LOL)

so if any of you have any opinion, guide or advise for me to bulk up.. do write up, just leave a comment.

and for those whose wondering about the small-body-big-numbers, read my next post. I kid you not, it would be an eye opener to most lifters in the gym.

No comments: